the one thing that has stuck with me every day since my English teacher told me it in middle school is:
"When referring to someone, always say who they are before anything else about them, because being a person always comes first"
Instead of saying “the mentally ill man,” say “the man with a mental illness”
Putting someone’s characteristics (especially negative ones) before them is dehumanizing and rude. Don’t do it.
Before and After Pictures of Animals Growing Up [via]
Previously: Animals Using Other Animals as Pillows
i am so happpppyyyyyyyyyy
this post can cure any disease
IM SO HAPPY
André Kertész - New York, 1974.
1. Sleep naked. If it’s warm outside, open the windows and draw the curtains. You’ll wake up with beams of sunrise on your skin, under cool sheets.
2. Play soccer barefoot. You will feel more free and happy while you savor the moment. Everyone is more arrogant in shoes.
3. Dance to your favorite music.
4. Wear a flower in your hair—or a flower tiara.
5. Do naked yoga.
6. Dance in the rain without fear of getting your feet, hair, clothes or anything else wet.
7. Make yourself a really healthy but yummy dessert, like plain yogurt with fruit, honey and almonds.
|—||7 Home Remedies to Feel Better About Your Body (via goddess-river)|
The Smiths, Moles Club, UK, September 16, 1983 by Martin Whitehead